Robots are naturally fascinating to everyone. This is largely because high-end robots like MARS rover or ASIMO are accomplishing the unthinkable, making us believe that the future is now. Over the years the concept of robotics has evolved and become increasingly popular not just among engineers and advanced coders but is also being pursued by kids at an early age worldwide. There is substantial evidence that students are keen to learn subjects including programming of robots.
So why is Robotics such a rage these days?
Here’s why robotics for kids is increasingly getting popular:
Robots are the future and that’s one of the prime reasons why it is getting to more and more classrooms and homes.
- Kids who take up ‘Robotics’ have a better grasp of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) concepts. It enables them to brainstorm the purpose of building a robot, creating circuits, writing codes, assembling the robot together and more, all of which helps them gain in-depth knowledge of these subjects, while having fun building the robot.
- Robotics is a good way to make programming an easily comprehensible concept for young kids. Coding is integral to operate robots. For example, a five-year-old could learn to make a Dash robot sing through a code on a compatible mobile application. In this manner kids are introduced to the world of Robotics through basic functions. Check out these beginner level STEM programs for kids aged between 5-8 years.
- Robots and AI (artificial intelligence) are creating a whole new job market. These high-demand professions require people who understand robots, engineering, coding, and mechanics. Familiarizing your kids with these concepts early on is a smart investment in their future.
- Robotics provides a great opportunity for girls to get involved in engineering courses where they’re presently outnumbered by men. By introducing young women to robotics at an early age, they have more prospects and career options in STEM related fields in future.
- Building robots is a pleasure for kids! Children enjoy creating something new on their own and the very idea of seeing what they imagined turn into reality and be functional sparks excitement among them. It also builds their confidence and belief in their own progress. It’s a great way to keep them engaged in a productive way.
To get a head start, you can let your kids take ‘Robotics’ virtual classes from the comfort of your home and add it to your child’s educational routine. Have a look at our ICE robotics virtual classes for kids of different ages and explore various courses we have to offer.