TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions (T&C) are applicable to the parents and students registered for any of the Institute of Canadian Education (ICE) services including but not limited to Robotics Programs, Off-Campus programs, Tutoring sessions and High School Credit Courses. All courses and policies have been developed with the intention achieving student enjoyment and success while ensuring the highest standard of education quality, care and safety are being met.
FEES AND PAYMENT
- Payment must be completed prior to or on the day of the first session/class.
- For Summer Camp, all payment needs to be completed on or prior to July 2nd of the year.
- Payment of fees cannot be transferred from one student to another student including family members.
- Cash, credit/debit cards, Paypal are acceptable method of payment, at this moment, we do not accept cheques.
- For after-school and weekend Robotics Programs, refund will be issued only if the payment has been received by ICE prior to the first lesson, and no lesson has been delivered.
- For Summer Camp, refund will only be issued if payment has been received by ICE before July 2nd of the year. After July 2nd, no refund will be issued for cancellation for any reason.
Off-Campus Program Policies
- Off-campus programs refer to all programs that are completed off-campus at locations such as schools, libraries, community centres, birthday parties and special events.
- A deposit may be required for off-campus programs booked by individuals or a private institution. The deposit must be made at the time of booking.
- The deposit fee will be applied to the total cost of the off-campus programs once the program has been completed.
- The deposit fee is non-refundable.
Students with special needs
- We encourage all students to try our programs and explore the possibilities of STEM-based education.
- Students with special needs who require one-on-one supervision should be accompanied by an adult family member or aid.
- Withdrawal from a course, program or camp will be effective upon submission of the withdrawal form.
- Withdrawal from a course, program or camp will not be refundable.
Absenteeism and Make-up classes
- Parents and students will be notified of the make-up class schedule.
- A schedule that is suited to the parent and/or students cannot be guaranteed.
- Parents are welcome to request specific make-up classes which will be offered if the instructor/ tutor is available and approved by I.C.E
Additional Classes and Lessons
- Parents and students are welcome to request additional classes or lessons in addition to the scheduled classes provided to the student.
- The additional classes require approval from at least one ICE’s instructor.
- The additional classes are subject to additional charge.
Private Tutoring Policy
- Parents may not engage ICE instructors and tutors for tutoring assignments without the knowledge or approval of ICE. The following consequences will be applicable:
- The instructor or tutor will be terminated from I.C.E
- The student will be batted from current and future courses and services at I.C.E
I.C.E Closures and Annual Shut Down Period
- I.C.E will be open from 10 AM to 2 PM during the following long weekends.
- New Years Day
- Family Day
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- Civic Holiday
- Labour Day
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
- Trial workshops will be available from 10 AM to 2 PM.
- There will be no weekend classes on the following dates unless on special request and approved by I.C.E.
- ICE will undergo a shutdown period from December 24 to January 1 to facilitate consolidation and preparation for the new academic year.
CopyrightReproduction of ICE’s teaching materials in whole or in part to any person, firm or Company, except with the expressed consent of ICE or in so far as may be required by a Court of competent jurisdiction, is strictly prohibited and punishable by law.
Terms and Conditions
- I.C.E. reserves the right to alter the T&C and Child Protection Policy from time to the time as deemed necessary.
- All approved signs stating rules or policies that are posted in ICE shall be considered a part of these T&C.